At WCG, our approach to prudent asset management combines a high level of personal attention with access to an industry-wide universe of financial products and services, including model portfolios, exchange-traded funds (ETFs), mutual funds, individual stocks, annuities and alternative investments.*
We follow a core-satellite approach to asset management. In today's rapidly changing world marked by economic uncertainty, we believe that prudent investing requires a proactive approach to managing, growing and preserving wealth. With an emphasis on appropriate asset allocation, our core portfolios seek to manage risk through a method called modern portfolio theory (MPT). MPT is employed by many institutional managers for endowments, pension funds and other highly regarded institutional investors.
Our satellite positions incorporate the perspectives of our Investment Strategy Committee (ISC). We seek to anticipate long-term trends and position client portfolios to be proactive rather than reactionary.
The Personal CFOs at WCG adhere to a disciplined investment planning process that includes the following steps:
- Determine your risk profile and objectives
- Create your personal investment strategy
- Diversify across asset classes within the recommended investment style
- Rebalance your portfolio as market conditions or your objectives change over time
- Report results through regular account statements, custom reports and review meetings
WCG model portfolios
WCG offers asset allocated model portfolios that are customized to individual client needs.
- Model portfolios are created by our Investment Strategy Committee (ISC).
- Individual WCG financial advisors work with the ISC team to tailor each investment strategy to meet specific client investment objectives.
- The portfolios are managed on an ongoing basis using the model asset allocation best suited for each client. We pay special attention to your personal situation relative to taxes and particular securities.
- Our fee-based asset allocation models ensure that our compensation is directly tied to portfolio performance and is not based on commissions. This helps to ensure your best interests come first in all investment decisions.
In addition to a regular monthly account statement, WCG provides a quarterly performance report to help you track results.
Our model portfolios are comprised of a mix of mutual funds, ETFs, stocks, bonds, UITs and separate account managers. The composition of each portfolio is dependent on the client’s personal goals and objectives for the account. The model portfolios utilize a fee-based approach to asset management. Your asset management fee covers all trading, administrative and investment advisory fees for your accounts.**
*Alternative Investment Strategies include hedge fund strategies, private equity, managed futures vehicles, structured products and real estate investment trusts (REITs).
While the process of diversifying your assets across multiple asset classes can help to reduce overall risk, it does not eliminate market risk. No strategy ensures a profit or protects against loss. Investing involves risk, including possible loss of principal. Past performance is no guarantee of future results.
**Please note: 12b-1 fees and/or transactions may apply.